(◠ω⊙)~ if you know what I mean..
SO fun fact of the day: You know how Eggplant/Chicken/etc. Parmigiana has parmesan in the name? So like, you’d guess it originated in Parma? Nah son. Apparently the rights to claim the Parmigiana as their dish is currently being disputed by Sicily, of Southern Italy, and Parma of Northern Italy.
Kind of sounds like two brothers we’re sort of familiar with,…„,.,.d,sajdaknfdas hetalia I’m talking about the Italy brothers from Hetalia god damn.
But yeah, here, have a dish that represents the adorable but kind of argumentative relationship shared by Romano and Italy.
Also, have a picture of my grandpa eating food like a dork.
P.S you’re gonna notice there’s not a lot of exact measurements with this recipe. That’s what I really like about it, you can fuck around and add/take away. That’s the cool thing about italian cooking, they really make it an art rather than a science.
(serves: 6 ramekin thingies)
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cups grated parmesan cheese (plus more for layering)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 large eggplant thinly sliced
- Marinara Sauce (like a big jar. I decided to go the premade route because the home made stuff at the market basket by my house is too legit for words)
- Shredded Mozzarella (like a lot)
- Olive oil (for drizzling)
- 2 Large eggs
- All purpose flour
- parsely (for pretty colors)
- 1 adorable hungry grandpa (optional but recommended)
- Thinly slice and remove the purple skin from the eggplant. Skin that mofo hard.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Take three bowls and pour the breadcrumbs, oregano and parmesan in one, the beaten eggs in another, and the flour in the final one.
- Dip each eggplant slice in flour, then drench it in the egg before covering it in the bread crumb mixture. Do this for all the eggplants.
- Drizzle a baking sheet in olive oil and place all the eggplant slices on it. If they overlap don’t throw a shit fit, it’s cool. Drizzle the slices with more olive oil and place it in the oven.
- Bake them until the undersides are browned, then flip each piece over and bake for like maybe 7-10 more minutes.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven and start doing some layering shit.
- Turn the heat on the oven up to 400 F
- Put an eggplant at the bottom of each ramekin, if you have enough put a second one on top. Cover the slices with marinara and then cover the marinara in parmesan and shredded mozzarella.
- Keep layering, and finish with the mozzarella on top.
- Put those ramekins in the oven and let them bake until the cheese is browned slightly and bubbling.
- Remove them from the oven, chop up some parsley and throw it on top.
- Serve with some pasta tossed in sea salt, mashed garlic and olive oil.
AYYY MAMA MIA MOTHAFUCKER YOU JUST MAKE SOME HELLA ITALIAN FOOD.
Whether it’s northern italian or southern italian is another story, but it’s italian and that’s all that matters.
Enjoy eating your eggplant parm while reading your creepy italycest fics you weird ass weeaboo nerd.
My week is basically:
- Monday #2
- Monday #3
- Monday #4
At least it’s not
- Tuesday #2
- Tuesday #3
- Tuesday #4
- Tuesday #5
- Tuesday #6
- Tuesday #7
i wish i was even half as brave as finn
Imagine being given a list of all the people who made you into the person you are today. And next to their name you could see the exact personality trait you got because of them.